Monday, March 16, 2009

Run, Run, Run!

Well, apparently I am not very good at this whole blogging thing yet. I really just don't have anything interesting to say and that makes it difficult.

This past weekend Steven and I ran the Gate River Run is Jacksonville,which is a 15k. This is the 4th year we have run in the race. Every other year I was able to finish the race, but not without walking some. This year I REALLY wanted to run the entire thing. Since January, I worked really hard. I ran all over the University of Florida campus, stadiums, hills, winding ramps, long distances, etc. I felt great in the days leading up to the race. But I tend to get race anxiety. All the people and noises stress me out instead of pump me up. But I am happy to say that I easily made it through the entire race. I felt GREAT throughout the entire run. It was awesome and I was so excited. We finished the race is 1:39 and change. It isn't great, but it is better than ever before. And the best part: I wasn't even sore the next day! It made all the other days of soreness totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment